Archive for June 2010
“Copyright infringement”, “Web Site Content Theft” and so many other terms are used to denote a form of illegal activity that some of us end up doing at some point of time during our blogging lifecycle. We encounter these and sometimes appreciate the same and leave the original author in dark. In simple words it’s like photocopying a novel and changing the cover page and author’s name in it. While some of the web content publisher does it intentionally, most of us support it knowingly or unknowingly. It can take the simplest forms like reading an interesting article somewhere and directly copying the entire content without taking permission from the original author, simply with an intention to share it among friends.
Sometimes we copy content from the original author’s site, sometimes we copy from somebody’s site that contains stolen content. What we should know is that any digitally published article is copyright protected even if there is no copyright information displayed and copying that would be actually stealing the original author’s property.
We made a mistake, and there is no doubt about it. We admit it to our readers and the world. We thank Mr. Fernando Fonseca for his help in pointing out our mistake. We had copied an article titled Five Tweeting Mistakes That Might Get You Blocked which was completely illegal. What we did was a result of ignorance of using copyrighted material without any permission from the author. We had aggregated some useful content for the twitter community and twitter lovers appreciated it, but it was not correct. As a corrective measure we deleted all copied content from our e-newspaper and decided to review our content strategy, so that we can deliver useful and genuine content to our users.
Some points to note:
- Some Misconceptions :
> A site is not copyright protected if there is no copyright information displayed.
> Copying content with mentioning the source does not violate copyright.
– There are content stealers who do not respect the original authors / content and in spite of having copyright laws in place it’s difficult to have a lawsuit filed, especially if they are from a different country. Most probably they will just ignore it and keep doing the wrong work.
- Best Practices of conformity: Adoption of Creative Commons License. We will be following Creative Commons License 3.0 by-nc-nd for our contents.
- Best practices of sharing: If you like the content, share it via social bookmarking and give credit to the original author. Referring to an article and describing personal opinion/ experience can also be a way to share content without harming the original source.
With this we promise our readers that we will be back with interesting original contents shortly to make your twitter experience better and till then keep visiting and using our applications on our main site twt140.com. We will also be publishing more information on copyright issues, so keep looking in this space for more.
Football, soccer, le football, futebol, fotbal, fútbol, Fußball, irrespective of the country or language, is a global religion, the passion that is shown towards the game has no ends. It doesnt matter if it’s the European Championship (UEFA), The Copa América (CONMEBOL), African Cup of Nations (CAF), the Asian Cup (AFC), the CONCACAF Gold Cup (CONCACAF), the OFC Nations Cup (OFC) or the World cup, the football fever grips billions of fans across the world. The world cup being the most sacred of all the events, the world revolves around the 22 players running around the ball for 90 minutes.
As the world cup 2010 is being unveiled, we are religiously following games, teams, players, ranking and everything associated with football. Lucky are those who have the opportunity to experience it live in South Africa. Some of us are glued to our television sets, some recording telecasts, some reading them on newspapers / online blogs and some others wondering where to get all the news and inside scoops.
Here you go!
Soccer.Inagist brings us the best news from the soccer world and gives us a gist of what people are talking about the game. We can interact with our network by tweets, spread the news by retweets or simply go to the original news source and read it.
Soccer.Inagist is not an online news medium giving us the same news from the subscribed TV channels, but a very intelligent source which delivers the latest happenings in the soccer world. So, what are you waiting for! If you are a soccer lover, get glued to the
site and you will surely not be disappointed.
Soccer.inagist.com is brought to us by Inagist.com especially for soccer lovers as a part of their campaign for delivering useful content using the twitter platform. It has a news section that filters news by the popularity and number of human interaction related to it. We can reply, retweet or view the original news source at the click of a button.
Not a twitter user? It doesn’t matter. You can still enjoy the benefits of reading through minus the reply’s and retweets.
If you rely on the internet for all your news needs, Soccer.Inagist.com promises that you won’t miss a single important news about the soccer world from the moment you land there.
Promising useful news always – Twt140.com – E-newspaper
Bollywood stars are not far behind in tweeting on Twitter as compare to Hollywood. The new crops of Bollywood stars have embraced Twitter as their connection to their fans across the world. Some stars are going as far as asking their fans on what to wear in an award function or a party. Let’s have a look on five most active bollywood stars on Twitter.
1. Abhishek Bachchan: With as much as 6,335 tweets and 219,845 followers, Junior B is always visible on twitter. Abhishek manage to bring wife Aishwarya and papa Amitabh Bachchan as well on twitter. Thanks to twitter, fans are able to receive all recent updates of Bachchan family directly through Bachchan’s.
2. Priyanka Chopra: Priyanka is always connected to her fans and never miss the opportunity of expressing her feeling and gratitude to them. With 3,243 tweets and 372,395 followers, Priyanka outshines all other bollywood actress on twitter.
3. Shahrukh Khan: Shahrukh joined twitter on special request by Karan Johar. With 1493 tweets, King Khan has a huge followers list of 394,736. Shahrukh regularly tweets all his updates, related to IPL, films and his personal life.